[Mimedefang] Heads up: MIME::tools 5.500 has problems...

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Feb 8 07:04:06 EST 2011

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 09:23:50 +0100 (CET)
Steffen Kaiser <skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de> wrote:

> Hmm:

> I thought the "charset''" syntax is allowed in the first line only?

It is; I replied back to myself to that effect.

[...]

> Maybe a complete split towards MIME::Tools::UTF8 would solve the
> problem and MIME::Tools returns encoded names only.

MIME::Tools does return encoded names only anyway.  I'd like to get
rid of all the MIME::Decoder junk and provide one function that decodes
MIME-encoded words into internal Perl format (essentially Unicode.)

You can then use the standard Encode module to get it out in ASCII,
ISO-8859-1, etc...