[Mimedefang] Heads up: MIME::tools 5.500 has problems...

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Mon Feb 7 18:50:40 EST 2011

Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone on this list is using MIME::tools 5.500.  It's
not a good idea. :(

We accepted a patch at https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=63739
and it turns out that patch broke things rather badly.

I'm working on a fix; you can follow the progress at

A final fix will involve quite a lot of change to MIME::WordDecoder
and the general MIME::Decoder mechanism (which all is garbage and
should be nuked anyway! :))

If there are adventurous admins on this list, please try MIME::tools 5.500
plus the latest patches on https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=65162
and let me know how it goes.  I don't want to make a new release until
my patch has been tested fairly widely.