[Mimedefang] milter recipient check?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 10:50:12 EST 2011

Is there a way to hook a milter to check recipients only after sendmail
has already rejected anyone that is not a local or virtual user or
alias?  I have a steady stream of dictionary attack addresses and have
set up virtualusers with default rejects for the domains so sendmail can
reject them quickly.  But now I'm trying to run milter-greylist ahead of
MimeDefang and it wants to process all the messages.  I can configure it
to also have a specific list of addresses to process but would like to
know if there is a better way.  Can the greylisting be done with
MimeDefang alone in later processing steps, or is there a way to hook
milter-greylist to run after sendmail has already rejected recipients
that don't exist?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com