[Mimedefang] defang running as postfix user

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Thu Dec 1 21:16:19 EST 2011

On 12/1/09 3:20 PM, Matt Garretson wrote:
> Aniruddha Barua wrote:
>> Normally, "mimedefang" is run as user "defang", "postfix" is run as "postfix" and "clamav" is
>> run as user "defang" because it is "mimedefang" that calls "clamav". There may be other ways too.
>

> On my systems I just add the clamav user into the defang
> group, and then chmod g+rx /var/spool/MIMEDefang .
>
> (Note that you'll have to do the above chmod every time
> you install/upgrade MIMEdefang, as the Makefile resets
> the permissions on the spool dir.)

Sorry, couldn't figure out if there was a conclusive answer to this thread.

I tried to add 'postfix' into the 'defang' group, but that doesn't seem to be adequate.

What else needs to be done?

And I noticed that on Fedora and Centos, the socket itself is 750... not 640...  Execute permission on a socket?

Does the socket need to be 660?

-Philip