[Mimedefang] More than one From address

Todd Aiken todd.aiken at ubishops.ca
Tue Aug 23 14:50:22 EDT 2011

Greetings everyone.

In the past 24 hours, I've received a ton of spam at our site.  The spam
seems to be coming from the same source, in that I see the spammer using
our domain name as a from address, but they are also using multiple From
addresses in the same message!  I believe that this is non-standard, but
it's giving our Exchange server a ton of trouble.  Our Linux gateways are
correctly classifying the mail as spam, but the transport rules on our
Exchange server that filter based on the X-Spam-Level header are not
triggering because of the multiple From addresses, and the spam ends up in
everyone's Inbox.  Is there any easy way I can add something into my
MIMEDefang's configuration to detect and reject messages that come in with
more than one From address?

Thanks.

Todd A. Aiken
Systems Analyst & Administrator