[Mimedefang] MIME::Entity->attach encoding of an already encoded body/bodyhandle

Rolf E. Sonneveld R.E.Sonneveld at sonnection.nl
Thu Aug 4 12:37:02 EDT 2011

On 8/4/11 5:23 PM, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 16:20:48 +0200
> "Rolf E. Sonneveld"<R.E.Sonneveld at sonnection.nl>  wrote:
>
>> $newmsg->attach(Data =>  $bodypart,
>>      Encoding =>  "base64");
> Don't use attach.  Use add_part instead (see the MIME::Entity man page)
> You'll need to ensure that $newmsg is a multipart entity which you can
> force with the make_multipart method.

When I use add_part I end up with the base64 encoded bodyhandle, see below.

During 'filter':

$bodypart = $entity->bodyhandle;

During 'filter_end':

(first bodypart is some html stuff)
$newmsg = MIME::Entity->build(
          Data => $htmlpart,
          Type => "text/html",
          Encoding => "-SUGGEST",
          Disposition => "inline");

$newmsg->make_multipart;

action_add_part($newmsg,$bpType,$bpEncoding,$bodypart,$bpFilename,"attachment");

The contents of the resulting added bodypart looks like:

TUlNRTo6Qm9keTo6RmlsZT1IQVNIKDB4Nzk5ZDAwKQ==

which decodes to:

MIME::Body::File=HASH(0x799d00)

Any hints?

/rolf