[Mimedefang] Syslog problem with Mimedefang 2.68 on FreeBSD

Dave O'Neill dmo at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Sep 29 14:25:57 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 03:06:42PM +0100, Paul wrote:

> Usage: Unix::Syslog::LOG_FAC(p) at (eval 119) line 1.

This is happening because LOG_FAC() expects a parameter, but we're not
giving it one.  The problem doesn't happen everywhere, as LOG_FAC isn't
on all platforms.

The fix is relatively simple -- MIMEDefang needs to ignore those macros,
since all we really want are the LOG_* constants, not the
unfortunately-named LOG_* macros that we get on some platforms.

I've attached a patch, and would appreciate it if those of you
encountering the problem could test it for me.

Cheers,
Dave
--
Dave O'Neill <dmo at roaringpenguin.com>    Roaring Penguin Software Inc.