[Mimedefang] Different hit score between MIMEDefang and spamassassin

tonj tonj at freeuk.com
Tue Sep 21 18:01:09 EDT 2010

From: "Clark Gabler IS-Consult" <clark.gabler at is-consult.ch>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 9:14 PM
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Subject: [Mimedefang] Different hit score between MIMEDefang and
spamassassin

> I use spamassassin -p /etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf -D < /tmp/JunkMail.msg to
> compare the score with what I add in my mail header. (yes, I tried with
> the defang user as well).
> Any suggestion or hint to solve that problem are welcomed.
>
> Thanks for help

Clark I'm no expert but...
1) have you whitelisted your own domain name? if you have then remove that
whitelisting
2) have you run:
su defang -s /bin/bash -c 'spamassassin -x -p
/etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf -D --lint'    ?
3) I had a similar results to you in my spam tests so I put a test spam
email into /etc/mail/spamassassin (I called it testmessage.txt) and I ran:
su defang -s /bin/bash -c 'spamassassin -x -p /etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf -D
< /etc/mail/spamassassin/testmessage.txt' 2>&1 | tee
/output/folder/ofmychoosing/md-test.txt
this will output the whole test to a test file called md-test.txt which you
can look at in detail and I'm sure you will find errors in there.
4) a close look at your server.mail.log might also show what is happening
with incoming mail.