[Mimedefang] Differentiating multiple sendmail instances

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Mon Oct 11 16:27:47 EDT 2010

  On 10/11/10 11:01 AM, kd6lvw at yahoo.com wrote:
> You obviously were not paying attention.  I stated earlier (October 6):
>
> "{daemon_name} is passed and implies the destination port."
>
> Typical values are "MTA" and "MSA" and actual values depend on your precise sendmail configuration.  This means that anyone can tell the difference between "relay" and "submission" modes.

Speaking of not paying attention, I guess you missed my message of 9/30 when I said I needed to be able to do this at filter_relay().

Either that or you skipped over the part of the manual which says:

        As  a  third  example, you may wish to prevent spoofs by requiring SMTP
        authentication when email is sent from some email addresses. This func-
        tion  rejects  mail from "king at example.com", unless the connecting user
        properly authenticated as "elvisp". Note that this needs access to  the
        %SendmailMacros  global,  that  is not available in filter_sender until
        after a call to read_commands_file.

So tell me again how I'm going to access %SendmailMacros from filter_relay()?

-Philip