[Mimedefang] Differentiating multiple sendmail instances

kd6lvw at yahoo.com kd6lvw at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 20:05:37 EDT 2010

--- On Mon, 10/11/10, Philip Prindeville <philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com> wrote:
>  On 10/11/10 11:01 AM, kd6lvw at yahoo.com wrote:
> > You obviously were not paying attention.  I stated earlier (October 6):
> >
> > "{daemon_name} is passed and implies the destination port."
> >
> > Typical values are "MTA" and "MSA" and actual values
> depend on your precise sendmail configuration.  This
> means that anyone can tell the difference between "relay"
> and "submission" modes.
>
> Speaking of not paying attention, I guess you missed my
> message of 9/30 when I said I needed to be able to do this
> at filter_relay().

I did NOT miss that.  From the MILTER interface documentation:
Stage:  xxfi_connect
Macros Available: daemon_name, if_name, if_addr, j, _

The required macro IS presented to MIMEDefang by the MTA at the filter_relay() stage.
 - Documentation file: milter/smfi_getsymval.html

> Either that or you skipped over the part of the manual
> which says:
>
> As  a  third  example, you may wish to prevent spoofs by
> requiring SMTP authentication when email
> is sent from some email addresses. This function  rejects
> mail from "king at example.com", unless the connecting user
> properly authenticated as "elvisp". Note that this needs access to  the
> %SendmailMacros global,  that  is not available in filter_sender
> until after a call to read_commands_file.
>
> So tell me again how I'm going to access %SendmailMacros from filter_relay()?

Execute the read_commands_file() subroutine.   ...Then it's available.