[Mimedefang] Fwd: Re: Accessing the source/destination port #'s at filter_relay

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sun Oct 10 01:41:09 EDT 2010

  On 10/9/10 4:49 PM, David F. Skoll wrote:
> Philip Prindeville wrote:
>
>> That assumes that I'm willing to accept the connection.  I might not be.
> Based on the silence from the list, it seems that few other
> people want the feature, so I'm reluctant to add a few dozen lines
> of code for something few people will use.
>
> If you really are concerned about reacting to 70 connections/second,
> I think MIMEDefang is the wrong tool.  You'd need to implement that
> in C.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

Well, if you want to have a half-implemented feature, where you only have part of the 4-tuple, that's your perrogative.  For completeness, I would have included all of the connection information: it is, after all, a network application.

But you can be ground-breaking and have the first network application that doesn't expose the 4-tuple. :-)