[Mimedefang] Fwd: Re: Accessing the source/destination port #'s at filter_relay

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sat Oct 9 16:11:51 EDT 2010

  On 10/6/10 9:59 AM, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On 10/06/10 12:37, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>
>> Has anyone looked at it or tried it out?
> I haven't.  You can get the info at MAIL FROM: time (by passing macros),
> so I'm not sure it's worth adding the code to MIMEDefang for something
> that apparently few people would use.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

That assumes that I'm willing to accept the connection.  I might not be.

Indeed, there are countries I'd like to tarpit.  We have a small company and I know for certain that I'm not going to be corresponding with Bulgaria, Romania, or Vietnam...

Further, when submitting Abuse complaints certain service providers require that the source port be provided.

I shouldn't have to accept the connection just to be able to report that I'm being hit with 70 connections per second from one of their customers...