[Mimedefang] Fwd: Re: Accessing the source/destination port #'s at filter_relay

kd6lvw at yahoo.com kd6lvw at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 14:46:45 EDT 2010

--- On Wed, 10/6/10, David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
> On 10/06/10 12:37, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> > Has anyone looked at it or tried it out?
>
> I haven't.  You can get the info at MAIL FROM: time (by passing macros),
> so I'm not sure it's worth adding the code to MIMEDefang for something
> that apparently few people would use.

Note also that the macros needed for this are not all passed by default.

{daemon_name} is passed and implies the destination port.  {daemon_port} is what you really want, but that is not passed and needs to be added or derived from [daemon_name} (destination port).

{client_port} is not passed and needs to be added (source port).

Milters are active only for incoming mail.  They are not used for outgoing mail.