[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.72-BETA-1 is available

kd6lvw at yahoo.com kd6lvw at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 17:25:38 EDT 2010

--- On Tue, 11/2/10, David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
> I guess I mis-wrote.  I meant making the client port available.
> As for the server port, it's too difficult to pass that in at
> filter_connect time.

The server port is already "known" because it is tied to the "daemon_name" variable which is passed at the xxfi_connect() call.

In Sendmail, this comes from the DAEMON_OPTIONS() M4 configuration directive.  The field "name=" is what is passed, and as that is tied to a field "port=", and all ports must be uniquely 1-to-1 mapped to names, passing the name implies the unique value of port.

Pseudocode - NOT perl:

switch($daemon_name) {
  case "MSA":  Port=587; break;
  case "MTA":  Port=25;  break;
  case "MTS":  Port=465; break;
}

If you can't do something like that to obtain the value you want from the value you're given, ....