[Mimedefang] greylist implemenation

Marcus lists at localguru.de
Fri Mar 26 06:59:55 EDT 2010

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 26.03.2010, 12:37 +1100 schrieb Jobst Schmalenbach:
> If you use sendmail or postgres you can do that with
> a milter, very simple install.

I'm running sendmail on Debian/Lenny. I used milter-gris from snert.com
for years, but would like to change now, because this milter isn't
published under the GPL any more. Debian comes with milter-greylist
which might be an alternative:

  http://hcpnet.free.fr/milter-greylist/

May be OT, but any experiences with this filter?

> I am not sure whether that is actually the best option
> as all the info you need is given to the receiving server
> at connection time (mailserver, domain, sender, recipient)
> and doing this in mimedefang adds overhead that is not
> necessary.

Right. And if someone has a well working piece of  mimedefang-filter
code why not sharing it? ;)

> But:
>
>   http://www.divms.uiowa.edu/~boyken/mdgreylist.html

Thanks,