[Mimedefang] md misses some emails

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Sun Mar 21 21:17:24 EDT 2010

Tony wrote:

> this filter does work because I see entries in my sendmail log showing
> rejection of emails with the message "No spam wanted here.". So I know
> it's working. What baffles me is I also see the occasional spam email
> landing in my inbox clearly tagged as [SPAM].

Perhaps the tagging happened before the message even reached your
machine.  Some ISPs do filter and tag outbound mail.

I don't want to sound too harsh, but you really do need to do your own
research and figure out how email works and how it flows through your
own system.  It's not a good idea to post vague problem descriptions
and expect MD list readers to do your homework for you.