[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.69 - One compile issue - One Modification.

- kd6lvw at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 12:15:25 EDT 2010

--- On Thu, 6/17/10, David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
> > Needs "-lbind" when freehostent (3) is defined in libbind and NOT
> > "stubbed" in libmilter.
>
> That's a pretty unusual environment.  Do you have any autoconf code
> to detect the situation?

1)  I don't develop, so I don't have any autoconf code to offer.  Sendmail doesn't use autoconf either.

2)  I don't see that as unusual.  On my system, I happen to have the library that has the REAL routine instead of the dummy stub that only performs a return (which is all that the libmilter version does - when the real routine is not present).  Relying on libmilter's hack is the problem.

The function is a DNS-related call, so why shouldn't it be in libbind?  Why should it be expected to be in libmilter?