[Mimedefang] still struggling with syntax error in mimedefang-filter

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Jun 16 12:09:05 EDT 2010

tonj wrote:

> further to my previous post I still can't get rid of the syntax error in
> my mimedefang-filter for rejecting html email.

I don't want to sound too harsh, but:

If you do not know Perl, do not attempt to write a MIMEDefang filter.
It's a great way to lose mail (and sanity and hair...)

At this point, you have two choices:

1) Learn Perl.  You'll need to know the basics before you can use MIMEDefang.

2) Hire someone who does know Perl to write your filter for you.