[Mimedefang] Sendmail converting add_recipient addresses to lower case.

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Mon Jun 14 15:38:58 EDT 2010

Matthew Schumacher <matt.s at aptalaska.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to do some filtering in MD by removing the recipient address
> and replacing it with a user+Detail at domain.com address so that the
> message will get routed to the correct sub-mailbox using the cyrus lmtp
> mda.

Lowercasing happens in the Cyrus mailer definition, in sendmail.cf.

You can add u to the F= equate, to preserve case, but then you have to
take care of the opposite problem, namely random uppercasing of users,
so that mail to Abc at example.com does not bounce because the user is abc
not Abc.

Joseph Brennan