[Mimedefang] Sendmail converting add_recipient addresses to lower case.

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.net
Mon Jun 14 14:32:35 EDT 2010

List,

I'm trying to do some filtering in MD by removing the recipient address
and replacing it with a user+Detail at domain.com address so that the
message will get routed to the correct sub-mailbox using the cyrus lmtp mda.

The problem I'm running into is that Cyrus sub-mailboxes are case
sensitive but whatever I put in the add_recipient() function is lowered
before it gets to the mda.

I put my milter on an inet socket so I can do some sniffing, and I can
confirm that MD is passing the new address to sendmail with the mixed
case in tact, but I can't seem to find where sendmail is lowering the
address or how to fix it.

Anyone on this list run into this problem and found a solution?  It
would be much appreciated if you can share how you got around it.

Thanks,
schu