[Mimedefang] Access to Access db Information in MD?

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at onet.eu
Wed Jul 21 12:36:22 EDT 2010

"Kevin A. McGrail" <KMcGrail at pccc.com> wrote:
> On 7/20/2010 5:52 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>>
>>> I want to allow a machine at my house on a dynamic IP to relay off
>>> my sendmail server.
>>>
>>> So far from my testing, it appears to be working as I wanted which
>>> is that sendmail will allow the relay because the forward record
>>> matches the IP of the machine trying to relay.
>>
>> Belay that statement, you are correct.  I was hitting a POP Before
>> SMTP relay auth test.
>>
> I found a solution.  In the end, I switched to using SMTP AUTH over
> TLS which allowed me to check the macro auth_type.

Have you tried to use FEATURE(`delay_checks') in your sendmail.mc?

Among other things it allows relaying after successful "SMTP AUTH" without
additional hacks.

URL(s):
http://www.sendmail.org/m4/anti_spam.html#delay_check

[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at onet.eu
You shall judge of a man by his foes as well as by his friends.
  -- Joseph Conrad