[Mimedefang] MimeDefang 2.69

Jon Rowlan jon.rowlan at sads.com
Wed Jul 21 11:05:02 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to get MD up and running on the testing version of Debian,
this includes 2,69 of MD.

I am seeing two problems ..

First off a line in the startup script includes ..

"echo -y $MX_RECIPOK_PERDOMAIN_LIMIT"

This is resolving as

echo -y 0

and I get an error:

/etc/init.d/mimedefang: 425: echo -y 0: not found

I think this is a new item as I can't find any articles that refer to
this variable.

Also, if I have a script that runs this:

/etc/init.d/mimedefang force-reload
/etc/init.d/sendmail reload

I get an error that suggests that the MD multiplexor is not yet ready

Reloading Mail Transport Agent (MTA): sendmailWARNING: Xmimedefang:
local socket name /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock missing

Whereas if I wait a few seconds this last error does not occur.

Is it ok to sleep just after md reload and sendmail reload and is the
echo -y 0 error anything to worry about.

Everything seems to be running fine.

Thanks all,

jON