[Mimedefang] Access to Access db Information in MD?

Kevin A. McGrail KMcGrail at PCCC.com
Tue Jul 20 17:47:23 EDT 2010

>> Specifically, I have a dyndns host, kam.is-a-geek.com and I want to
>> see if sendmail allowed the relay because of an entry in the access
>> file, e.g.:
>>
>> kam.is-a-geek.com    RELAY
>>
> The above access entry for dyndns *WILL NOT* work -
> it requires "closed PTR-A" loop to be effective.
> [ I have checked there is no such "closed loop" ]
>
> What do you want to achieve?

I want to allow a machine at my house on a dynamic IP to relay off my
sendmail server.

So far from my testing, it appears to be working as I wanted which is
that sendmail will allow the relay because the forward record matches
the IP of the machine trying to relay.

Regards,
KAM