[Mimedefang] Access to Access db Information in MD?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Jul 20 16:58:08 EDT 2010

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> Anyone happen to know if there is a macro/env variable set by sendmail
> that can be accessed inside MD if there was a match in the access file?

Possibly, but the access DB is (likely) to be a Berkeley DB file, so
you may (assuming "defang" can read the file) be able to tie it using
DB_File.

If (for whatever reason) /etc/mail/access.db is not readable by "defang",
I guess you could generate a defang-readable copy whenever you update
the /etc/mail/access text file.