[Mimedefang] whitelisting in mimedefang-filter

tonj tonj at freeuk.com
Thu Jul 15 18:06:40 EDT 2010

I use md to reject all incoming html email but I want to manually whitelist
some email addresses. I found instructions at:
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2005-January/025810.html
but they're not working so I must be doing something wrong. My md-filter
contains this:
--------------

# Detect and load Perl modules
detect_and_load_perl_modules();

$IncomingWhitelist{'whitelisteddomain.com'} = 1;
$IncomingWhitelist{'sender at whitelisteddomain.com'} = 1;

sub filter_recipient {
    my @senderparts = split(/@/, $sender);
    my $senderdom = $senderparts[1];
    $senderdom =~ s/[<>]//g;
    if (
       (exists $IncomingWhitelist{lc($sender)}) ||
       (exists $IncomingWhitelist{lc($senderdom)}) ||
       (exists $IncomingWhitelist{lc($recipient)}) )
    {
    return ('ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING', "ok");
    }
}
sub filter {
    my($entity, $name, $ext, $type) = @_;
    if ($type =~ /text.html/i) {
        return action_bounce("HTML mail not allowed here, plain text
only.");
    }
}
<snip>

the global html rejection works fine but email from
sender at whitelisteddomain.com should be allowed through however it gets
rejected just like the rest. Any ideas appreciated.