[Mimedefang] action_bounce html mail

- kd6lvw at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 16:13:57 EDT 2010

Aside:
--- On Fri, 7/9/10, Joseph Brennan <brennan at columbia.edu> wrote:
> You're going to reject a lot of mail. I wouldn't do this
> [reject html-only mail] even just for myself.

Why?  I've been doing that for years (since 2002).  Per a review of my server logs, only people I don't know send me HTML mail (i.e. spam).

However, I use a custom header rule in sendmail, not MD, to reject such.  I also have in the ruleset the ability to check the sender against my "access" database and whitelist certain HTML senders if I choose.

90%+ of all HTML in e-mail is unnecessary.  Only rarely does it add any value to the content or its display.