[Mimedefang] stream_by_domain and sendmail MSP QUEUE

Marcus lists at localguru.de
Sun Jan 24 00:19:57 EST 2010

Hi,

to discard spams at different spam hits for my personal domains I use
the stream_by_domain() function. If an incoming email contains multiple
recipients of my local domains, the email is resubmitted (one for each
recipient) by mimedefang and stored by sendmail's message submission
programm (MSP) to /var/spool/mqueue-client/. The debian default value
for this queue is 20 minutes. I changed these values in sendmail.conf to

 MSP_MODE="Daemon";
 MSP_INTERVAL="30s";

to proceed the queued emails within 30 seconds. Why is mimedefang
resubmitting these mails by MSP and not the MTA way?

Ciao,
Marcus