[Mimedefang] cannot install mimdefang

Jason Bertoch jason at electronet.net
Fri Jan 15 12:51:36 EST 2010

MD runs just fine on CentOS, but 4.8 is a bit old (they're up to 5.4 now).

> [root at home mimedefang-2.67]# ./configure
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> checking for cl.exe... no
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

You either don't have development tools installed or they are not in your path.
I don't know if any repositories remain for such an old version of CentOS, but
you can try:

yum groupinstall "Development Tools"

> In the mimedfang-2.67 folder there's no ./configure file

Yes there is, and you ran it above.  Maybe the "./" is confusing...it simply
states that you want to execute the file right here, where you are now, and not
some other file by the same name located elsewhere in your path.

Jason A. Bertoch
Network Administrator
jason at electronet.net
Electronet Broadband Communications