[Mimedefang] FreeBSD memory problem

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Tue Jan 12 19:53:11 EST 2010

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010, joris dedieu wrote:
> Has I don't now this soft, I just installed the port  ( version 2.67
> make make install),
> enabled the milter in sendmail conf and run
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mimedefang start

I had to bump up the limits in the rc.d script..

I think they really need to be (greatly) increased by default but I
didn't get a reply to my email about it :(

It would also be nice if the rc.d script was a proper rc.subr script..
As it stands restart doesn't work because 'stop' doesn't wait for it to
actually exit and so when the new one starts it fails because the
socket already exists!

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum