[Mimedefang] disable spamcheck for localhost and stream_by_domain problem

Marcus lists at localguru.de
Wed Feb 17 06:32:07 EST 2010

Am Dienstag, den 16.02.2010, 07:00 -0500 schrieb David F. Skoll:
> Marcus wrote:
>
> > I'd like to disable spamassassin checks for all emails sent from the
> > host mimedefang is running on (= localhost). But how can I distinguish
> > between an email sent by localhost and an email which is resubmitted via
> > localhost because of mimedefang's stream_by_domain function. Checking
> > $RelayAddr for 127.0.0.1 doesn't help here.
>

>   man mimedefang-filter
>
> Search for PRESERVING RELAY INFORMATION
>
> Although that man page talks about secondary MX hosts, the technique
> can work for detecting locally-submitted vs. resent mail as well
> if you consider 127.0.0.1 as a secondary MX.

Thanks, David! The mimedefang package in lenny doesn't create a
mimedefang-ip-key file by default or distributes the gen-ip-validator.pl
script. I created a key by hand with the gen-ip-validator.pl script from
the tarball. Running mimedefang with the mimedefang-ip-key solved my
problem without changing anything in mimedefang-milter and now I can
detect locally-submitted and resent mails (stream_by_domain) by checking
$RelayAddr for "127.0.0.1".

Ciao,
Marcus