[Mimedefang] Enumerate Email Address parts

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.net
Fri Feb 5 02:31:09 EST 2010

Op 3 feb 2010, om 19:45 heeft Kees Theunissen het volgende geschreven:
> On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Paul Murphy wrote:
>>> Sender email address:  Joe at abc.com
>>> Need to get 'Joe' and make the recipient's email address:  Joe at abc.local
>>
>> use the VIRTUSERTABLE feature within Sendmail, with an entry like
>> this:
>>
>> @abc.com		%1 at abc.com,%1 at abc.local
>
> I'm not sure about this use of multiple addresses on the RHS of the
> VIRTUSERTABLE. The 'bat book' (3rd edition) doesn't mention this
> and I'm too lazy to test it.

I'm too lazy to test it too, but last time I did test, it didn't work
(in sendmail 8.13). Rewriting to multiple addresses could only be done
through the aliases file, not the virtusertable file.

Which leaves only the mimedefang solution...

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.net>
Systeembeheer XS4ALL Internet bv