[Mimedefang] Reap: slave 37 (pid 15371) exited due to signal 14 (SLAVE DIED UNEXPECTEDLY)

Casper Kristiansson Casper.Kristiansson at ldc.lu.se
Wed Feb 3 03:17:03 EST 2010

Why do the multiplexor give the above error within this code ??

		eval{
			$SIG{INT}=sub{$grey_insert->cancel};
			alarm 10;
			$grey_insert->execute($ip3,$sender,$recipient,$t,$t_g,$t_e,$ip,$check_mx,$check_rbl,$key,$result,$day,0,0);
			return('CONTINUE', "ok");
			alarm 0;
		};
		if($@){
			return('TEMPFAIL', "<TMPF> Error but no problem, come back later... (4)");
		}

The error is when i try to lock a table (for testing this code), the timeout work but the multiplexor-slave child dies, it should not.....!
There are no error in my filters, works perfect until I try the alarm with this code, the slave dies..

/usr/local/mime/bin/mimedefang.pl -test
Filter /etc/mail/filters/mimedefang-filter seems syntactically correct.

/usr/local/mime/bin/md-mx-ctrl -s /mailspool/sockets/mimedefang-multiplexor.sock reread
Forced reread of filter rules

Slave 37 died prematurely -- check your filter rules
Reap: slave 37 (pid 15371) exited due to signal 14 (SLAVE DIED UNEXPECTEDLY)
Error from multiplexor: ERR No response from slave