[Mimedefang] Testers wanted: MIMEDefang 2.68-BETA-5, FreeBSD, Perl 5.10.1

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Feb 18 08:35:17 EST 2010

Hi,

Someone is reporting problems with MIMEDefang 2.68-BETA-5 on FreeBSD
(not sure what version) and Perl 5.10.0 with embedded Perl.

He claims the system segfaults when you use embedded perl, and indeed that
the configure script bombs out when checking for embedded perl:

checking if we can embed a Perl interpreter in C... yes
checking if it is safe to destroy and recreate a Perl interpreter... Segmentation fault (core dumped) no

I am completely unable to reproduce this on any system I have access
to.  I'd appreciate it if FreeBSD people could test and report back.
This is the last thing holding up the final release of 2.68.