[Mimedefang] watch-mimedefang

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 12:26:43 EST 2010

Michael Sims wrote:
> In addition to the suggestions others have made, you can also install VNC
> server on your linux machine (most distros have a package for it) and use a
> VNC client from your Windows machine to connect to it.  You can run multiple
> displays within the VNC server (each one for different users if you like)
> and the sessions will stay persistent even after you disconnect with your
> VNC client.  I usually find this is the simplest way to run X programs from
> Windows since most admin types running Windows have a VNC client installed
> already...

Yes, vncserver works pretty well if you have a fast local connection - and it is
easy to set up. The freenx, NX client combination does approximately the same
thing but is much more efficient because it uses X protocol instead of just
bitmaps - and it can resize the screen as you connect from different clients. It
also tunnels everything over ssh so you don't have to arrange that yourself.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com