[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.68-BETA-4 is released

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Feb 3 14:25:35 EST 2010

Hello,

I've released MIMEDefang 2.68-BETA-4.  Please try it out; if all goes
well, it will become 2.68-FINAL.

Changes since 2.67 follow.

2010-02-03  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

* MIMEDefang 2.68-BETA-4.

* Bug fix: Don't change Content-Disposition to "inline" by default.
This was causing weird bugs with Outlook iCalendar attachments:

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2006-December/031525.html
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-November/025461.html

* Fix a really stupid segmentation fault when handling multiline
replies.  Bug found and fixed by Michiel Brandenburg.

* Make relay_is_blacklisted and relay_is_blacklisted_multi handle
IPv6 addresses.  Patch loosely based on submission by Michiel
Brandenburg.

* Guard the rewriting of IPv4-compatible IPv6 addresses to plain IPv4
with N6_IS_ADDR_V4MAPPED and IN6_IS_ADDR_V4COMPAT tests.

2009-12-30  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

* MIMEDefang 2.68-BETA-3.

* Work around File::Spec::Unix's behaviour of caching
$ENV{TMPDIR}.  (I consider this a bug; see
https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=53236)

* Don't add a To: line for SpamAssassin's benefit; adding such
a line could mask a useful SpamAssassin rule.

2009-12-30  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

* MIMEDefang 2.68-BETA-2.

* Try hard not to lose any STDERR messages before reaping a slave.

* Make the C code call smfi_setmlreply if (1) the milter library
supports it and (2) the Perl code returns a multi-line reply.

* Convert an IPv6-mapped IPv4 address to pure IPv4.  That is,
convert ::ffff:a.b.c.d simply to a.b.c.d.

* Make rm_r more robust.

* Set TMPDIR environment variable to $workdir/tmp before
scanning; this should make Perl temporary files use the ramdisk.

* Various code cleanups.

* When creating the Mail::SpamAssassin object, set user_dir
to /var/spool/MD-Quarantine.  Fixes problems with SpamAssassin
3.3.0.

2009-03-31  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

* MIMEDefang 2.68-BETA-1.

* Make "Overlong line in RESULTS file" a permanent, rather than
temporary, failure.

* Eliminate a possible race condition in SIGTERM handling.  On
busy, underpowered servers, this could result in the multiplexor
spontaneously terminating all slaves and unlinking its socket.

* Check for both POLLIN and POLLHUP if we use poll()

* Fix bug in closing of file descriptors after forking; we'd
sometimes close our status descriptor by mistake.

* Remove some pointless fcntl() calls.

* Fix bug with Perl 5.10 and embedded perl, mentioned at
NOTE: This is a bug in Perl, not MIMEDefang, but we need to work
around it.

* Consume and log any STDERR output even if slave has terminated.

2009-01-06  David F. Skoll  <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>

* VERSION 2.67 RELEASED