[Mimedefang] mimedefang letting some spams through...why?

Tony tonj at freeuk.com
Tue Feb 2 14:53:37 EST 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "-" <kd6lvw at yahoo.com>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] mimedefang letting some spams through...why?

> --- On Tue, 2/2/10, Tony <tonj at freeuk.com> wrote:
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "-" <kd6lvw at yahoo.com>
>> > Your problem is that SA is being called more than
>> once.
>>
>> ok thanks, do you mean every email is being scanned twice?
>> how do you know that?
>
> There are SA-generated headers inserted into your messages that didn't
> come from MD.  SA called by MD cannot alter the message.

ok thanks. I want emails to be scanned by SA to filter out the spam so I
expect all is ok then...
I'm not worried about messages being altered, or what the headers
contain as long as MD rejects and spam recognised by SA. I'm a
blundering beginner with SA and MD but since I fiddled with the code (a
few emails back) I haven't had a single spam in my inbox so that's got
to be a good thing...