[Mimedefang] Delivery agents (was Re: auto reply / vacation)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Feb 2 11:15:35 EST 2010

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> Having yet to see a 100% accurate spam filter, you are correct.  I run a
> tagging-only spam filter and strongly recommend the use of tagging-only
> spam filters.  Philosophical debate and I'm sure we both have strong and
> valid opinions not worthy arguing here ;-)

Well, our spam filter has a quarantine from which we can release FPs.
So we get the best of both worlds:  The ability to release FPs without
having to process tagged mail in our delivery agents.

[...]

> Anyway, I know I had a quite a long patch for vacation.  It's a bit of
> conjecture and recalling emails from 7 years ago, but I seem to remember
> that they referred to vacation a bit as an unloved stepchild.

You're probably right.

> In short, they listened but adding flexibility to vacation to deal with
> (or not deal with as the case may be) spam, etc. was not on their list
> of goals and they pointed me towards procmail.

Somewhat OT... has anyone had experience with Mail::Audit to replace
procmail?

http://search.cpan.org/~rjbs/Mail-Audit-2.225/lib/Mail/Audit.pm

I *detest* the procmail syntax, and keep meaning One Of These Days
to poke around with Mail::Audit.