[Mimedefang] How to catch large binary spam efficiently ?

Juergen Georgi georgi at belwue.de
Tue Feb 2 05:02:15 EST 2010

Hello,

I have noticed an increase of spam messages with rather large
binary attachments (pdf, images) lately. They slip through undetected,
because our size limit for SpamAssassin checks is at 100K.
I'd rather avout to bump up this threshold to say 5M in order to
catch those spams too.

Is there a way to skip these large binary message parts when
calling spam_assassin_check()? Scanning just message headers and
text parts is usually sufficient for spam detection with SA.

Thanks for any advice.

Juergen Georgi