[Mimedefang] mimedefang letting some spams through...why?

- kd6lvw at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 19:11:09 EST 2010

--- On Mon, 2/1/10, Tony <tonj at freeuk.com> wrote:
> > As your sample spams have headers that MimeDefang did
> NOT add to each message, SOMETHING ELSE is reviewing and
> operating on the message.
> >
> > If you call SA from MD, you should not be calling it
> directly, nor should you have something else call SA.
> However, it is obvious that your configuration is doing
> exactly that.
>
> if MD should not be calling SA directly,  how would it
> call SA indirectly?

You misinterpreted my statement.  MD should be calling SA directly.  The MTA itself should not be calling SA, nor should any other program the MTA calls if MD is calling SA.  SA should be called exactly once.

Your problem is that SA is being called more than once.

"Directly" refers to the MTA calling SA, not MD calling SA.