[Mimedefang] Accessing the source/destination port #'s at filter_relay

Philip A. Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Fri Apr 30 11:51:17 EDT 2010

On 04/30/2010 05:42 AM, David F. Skoll wrote:
> Philip A. Prindeville wrote:
>

>> I'm trying to do some things with logging and calling into iptables/tc
>> early on during the lifetime of a connection, i.e. at filter_relay() time.
>>
> filter_relay gets the source IP address.  Presumably, you know the destination
> port. :)  We don't pass the source port through to the Perl code at all;
> we only pass the IP address.

Not necessarily...  I might be running several servers locally on a
single machine (each chroot'd) with port forwarding, etc.

I can also be listening on 25, 465, and 587 all at the same time... even
without multiple instances.

If we can pass the source address, why not just pass the 4-tuple?

> If anyone *wants* the source port made accessible to the Perl code, patches
> will be considered.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

Ok, I'll look at it next week.