[Mimedefang] patches/support of off-server clamd implimentation?

Dave O'Neill dmo at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Apr 21 13:55:53 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:34:37AM -0700, Tom Brown wrote:
> The reason for this post is to ask if such patches would be likely to
> make it into the mainstream? Or possibly if others have already done
> this?

At some point in the near future, I'd like to convert MIMEDefang to use
File::VirusScan (see http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?File::VirusScan).
This is essentially the existing MIMEDefang antivirus integration code
pulled out and modularized into something a bit more maintainable.

Patches against File::VirusScan::Engine::Daemon::ClamAV::Clamd to use
a host/port will definitely be accepted, and might be enough of a spur
to get David or I to finally finish integrating the module back into
MIMEDefang.

If you feel like implementing this, take a look at the other
File::VirusScan::Engine::Daemon subclasses for inspiration, as some of
them already handle taking a host/port instead of a UNIX socket.

Cheers,
Dave
--
Dave O'Neill <dmo at roaringpenguin.com>    Roaring Penguin Software Inc.