[Mimedefang] Busy Timeout Slaves

William Parr wparr at uvic.ca
Fri Apr 9 15:54:54 EDT 2010

Hello,

   Had 2 instances of busy slaves since my last post. Here is what strace said what was the cause for every busy slave I tested. They all SIGTERM after 5 minutes

A RH4 Server:

sudo md-mx-ctrl -s /var/mimedefang/mimedefangm.sock busyslaves

199 B 6935 (last=scan) (scan /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mdefang-o32F7IQD006558)

[xxxx at xxx log]$ sudo strace -p 6935

Process 6935 attached - interrupt to quit

connect(5, {sa_family=AF_FILE, path="/var/mimedefang/sophie"}, 110) = ? ERESTARTSYS (To be restarted)

--- SIGTERM (Terminated) @ 0 (0) ---

Process 6935 detached

I am assuming the sophie socket is the cause of our issue here :-)

William