[Mimedefang] FW: FW: stream_by_recipient beginner

Cliff Hayes chayes at afo.net
Wed Sep 30 16:31:05 EDT 2009

I think I've found the problem but I've never seen anything like it so I
don't know how to solve it.
The code below from mimedefang-filter sets the values for $hits, $req,
$names, $report.  Debug1a shows the values are set properly.  But just a few
lines later, Debug1c shoes the values are blank!  How could that be?  I
believe that is what is causing my problem.

CODE:
	if (-s "./INPUTMSG" < 100*1024) {

		$overSizeFlag = 0;
		my($hits, $req, $names, $report) = spam_assassin_check();
		my($score);

		$afoDateTime = localtime time;
		open logFile, ">>/scripts/mdf.log" or die "unable to open mdf.log -- $!";
		print logFile ("$afoDateTime Debug1a $hits, $req, $names \n");
		close logFile;

		if ($hits < 40) {
			$score = "*" x int($hits);
		} else {
			$score = "*" x 40;
		}
	} else {

		$afoDateTime = localtime time;
		open logFile, ">>/scripts/mdf.log" or die "unable to open mdf.log -- $!";
		print logFile ("$afoDateTime Debug1b $hits, $req, $names \n");
		close logFile;

		my($hits) = 0;
		$overSizeFlag = 1;
		my($names) = "OverSizeLimit";
		my($req) = 0;
		my($report) = "";
		my($score) = 0;
	}

	$afoDateTime = localtime time;
	open logFile, ">>/scripts/mdf.log" or die "unable to open mdf.log -- $!";
	print logFile ("$afoDateTime Debug1c $hits, $req, $names \n");
	close logFile;

DEBUG LOG OUTPUT:

Wed Sep 30 15:25:02 2009 Debug1a 4.803, 2, AWL,BAYES_00,SPF_PASS
Wed Sep 30 15:25:02 2009 Debug1c , ,

Thanks in advance,

Cliff