[Mimedefang] append_text_boilerplate problems

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Sep 24 10:56:44 EDT 2009

IFB Network Operations wrote:

> The emails in question have the body being sent as html without an
> inline text/plain part.  The only text/plain parts are attached .txt
> files which aren't inline.

MIMEDefang's append_text_boilerplate function doesn't look at the
content-disposition.  You'll need to write your own version if you only
want it to append boilerplate to inline parts... sorry!

> I've done some digging through the MIME RFCs and can't find anything
> that states that an inline text/plain must always be included but maybe
> someone knows otherwise?

It is certainly not necessary to have a text/plain part in an e-mail.

> We can work on putting a patch together if this is affecting anyone else?

What did you have in mind?  A third argument to append_*_boilerplate
saying only to look at inline parts?