[Mimedefang] filter_recipient and @recipients array

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Sep 23 13:37:00 EDT 2009

Cliff Hayes wrote:

> Yeah, that's what I want to do, I just don't know where the information is
> at this point.

Well, inside filter_recipient, you can write the recipient to a file.
For example:

sub filter_recipient
{
	my($recipient, $sender, $rest_of_the_junk) = @_;
	if (open(RECIPFILE, '>>all_recipients')) {
	        print RECIPFILE "$recipient\n";
                close(RECIPFILE);
        }
        # Rest of filter_recipient goes here
}

and then in filter_begin, you can read the list of recipients out
of all_recipients in the current directory.

If (as recommended) you're running /var/spool/MIMEDefang on a ramdisk,
writing stuff out to a file and reading it back later isn't all that bad.