[Mimedefang] Ext3 error caused action_quarantine_entire_message to fail + Proposed fix

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Fri Oct 16 17:29:06 EDT 2009

> Well, you can do that in your filter, I suppose, rather than using the
> built-in quarantine functions.
>
> I'm not enthusiastic about adding the ability to quarantine tens or
> hundreds of thousands of messages.  If you really need to do that, you
> need a proper framework (such as CanIt... hint, hint...) for managing
> the quarantine that's a lot more sophisticated than just dumping text
> files into directories.

This problem stems from the fact that we safety-valve the quarantining of
any e-mail that is modified.  We rarely, if ever, use those e-mails.  At the
moment, we are being hammered with a bunch of phish e-mails that include an
exe attachment.  Because of that, we are quickly exceeded ext3's limits.

I have a feeling, others will have this issue as well and it was a nasty
surprise to find out I didn't have a quarantined copy of a message because
of this.

Regards,
KAM