[Mimedefang] Sendmail::Milter

- kd6lvw at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 25 02:49:22 EST 2009

--- On Tue, 11/24/09, Andrzej Adam Filip <anfi at onet.eu> wrote:
> >> If you don't care if or when mail is delivered, why run the server at all?
> >
> > I agree.  Restricting each IP address to one TCP connection in 5 minutes
> > is doable only if you're the BOFH on a personal server.
> >
> > Unfortunately, many aggressive anti-spam techniques that are perfectly
> > usable for BOFHs on personal servers don't scale up to real systems
> > with real users. :-(
>
> You have assumed "no secondary MX", have not you?

1)  I did say this was for a "low volume" server several posts ago....
As volume goes up, the time interval should decrease, but the concurrent
connection limit might remain the same (or increase even less slowly).

2)  A secondary MX would obviously be exempted at the primary by another firewall rule specifying its IP address(es).