[Mimedefang] Sendmail::Milter

Matt Garretson mattg at assembly.state.ny.us
Tue Nov 24 10:57:11 EST 2009

Tilman Schmidt wrote:
> reacts to that sort of policy? What does, for example, a Sendmail or
> Exchange server in default configuration do if it tries to deliver two
> mails to a destination server, the first one succeeds, and the second
> one fails with "administratively prohibited"?

I think he was talking about limiting connections at the IP
level. So the server would see only that it failed to connect
the second time, and should simply queue the message locally
for a later retry.

Anyway I guess we're getting away from what the OP was asking
(rate-limiting with a milter) but I don't have any ideas about
that.