[Mimedefang] MD Quarantine Management

Paul Murphy Paul.Murphy at argentadiscovery.com
Mon Nov 23 10:19:48 EST 2009

Jon,

It hasn't developed any further, but I still use it in a live environment.

The quarantine permissions have to be set either by a cron job or from within your filter - in filter_end(), I have the following:

    if ($QuarantineCount > 0 || $EntireMessageQuarantined)
      {
                my $dir = get_quarantine_dir();
                system("chmod -R g+rwX $dir");
                system("chown -R defang:defang $dir");
      }

The web user on your system then has to be a member of the "defang" group, which allows the cgi script to access any quarantine directory, and to delete it.

Best Wishes,

Paul.

Paul Murphy
Head of I.T.
Argenta Discovery 2009 Ltd
Tel. 01279 645 554
Fax. 01279 645 646

>>> "Jon Rowlan" <jon.rowlan at sads.com> 21/11/2009 21:11 >>>
Is anyone using Paul Murphy's MIMEDefang Quarantine Management scripts?

I see there is a BETA, did it ever get further than that, perhaps to
release?

I am struggling to get past the point where the scripts tell me that
they are unable to access the quarantine directory.

I have moved a copy of the quarantine folders to a working dir, changed
perms, changed the script to point to this dir and it still refuses to
access the directory.

I wondered whether there might be some version a little more towards a
full release that may address these problems.

Many thanks all,

jON

Scanned by MIMEDefang - nALLGQGg014305