[Mimedefang] mimedefang fails to start upon reboot

Aniruddha Barua zmrif at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 13:44:20 EST 2009

----- Original Message ----

When mimedefang is working fine after this manual stop, 5 sec wait and start, what happens
when you restart it again? Does it still show the error messages or other problematic signs?

> I believe that's always been the case, and seems to be an issue at least not
> directly related to whatever is causing the script to fail upon reboot.

What are the other related services like clamav or other anti virus running in your host? Any
other memory intensive application running?

> > I suspect [perl.core] will report the same memory allocation errors, and not a
> lot more.
>
> OK, thanks.

When you compiled mimedefang, did it show any error/warning message(s)?